June 22nd-28th, 2020
IN-PERSON OUTDOOR WORSHIP SERVICE, Sunday, June 28th, from 9:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. on the West side of the Golden Presbyterian Church building.
“You are the light of the world. A city [church] on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the hour. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 5:14-16
Reflecting on the Sermon on the Mount series given over the last few months and the impact of COVID-19 on all our lives, it seems so appropriate that our beloved church sits on a hill and we are here in-person to worship our Lord TOGETHER on this new morning, this new way of worshiping, this new beginning… All praise and glory to our heavenly Father, friend and Savior Jesus and indwelling Holy Spirit – we are so grateful…
Please know that we are trialing in-person outdoor worship services on June 28th and July 5th in accordance with federal, state and local mandates and precautions regarding COVID-19.
Below are requirements to be followed by all attending:
- Wear a mask
- Social distance by sitting/standing 6 feet apart
- No hugging/hand-shaking – virtual only for now
- Practice good hygiene, washing hands, using hand sanitizers/wipes as needed
- Restrooms downstairs will be open – notes for re-sanitizing after use will be posted
To love others as yourself, please stay home if you are not feeling well or high risk. This self-screening is vital for now if we are to continue worship outside. Please know that our recorded online Worship Services are still available. Come to church early, any time after 8:30 am.
Suggested Checklist for Worship
- Parking will be attended, so please follow their guidance and any posted signs.
- There will be a Welcome Canopy under the old Cottonwood tree. Please place your tithes and offering in the marked receptacle.
- Wear closed-toe shoes as our grass is natural, and along with a few cacti, prickly.
- Bring your own lawn chairs/camping stools, or thick blankets/canvas to sit on.
- Bring your own water to drink.
- Bring an umbrella for shade, perhaps sunglasses.
- Trash cans will be available near the Welcome Canopy and old Cottonwood tree.
- Leave no trace behind as you exit.
- THANK YOU FOR WORSHIPING WITH US!
Worship services this week will continue online, in addition to the outside service, Sunday, June 28th at 9:00 a.m. All Worship Services are currently available online, through our website, by clicking here.
Many, many thanks to Paul, Greg, Henry, Bob and John for their work on the outdoor platform! Special thanks to John for designing and organizing this project! We appreciate so much your help in safely bringing our congregation back together for services.
We will be collecting for Christian Action Guild, Friday, July 3rd. Christian Action Guild is in need of the following items:
- Pasta Meals
- Peanut Butter
- Creamed Soups
- Diced Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
Are you interested in volunteering opportunities within the community? The Action Center provides an immediate and compassionate response to those in our community experiencing hardship and offers the resources and services needed to stabilize lives and promote pathways to lasting change. For more information on The Action Center programs and volunteering opportunities, please visit theactioncenter.org/get-involved/
Are you receiving the Golden Presbyterian Newsletter? We hope this will be another opportunity to stay connected with your faith community. Please note that this email will come through the MailChimp platform and may go directly to your junk mail folder. If you attend Golden Presbyterian and are not receiving the Newsletter, or if you are interested knowing more about our church and would like to receive our Newsletter, please do not hesitate to reach out to us .